Monday, July 29, 2002

Experiences by Cynthia Bolton & Pat Dowd

Sis, do you remember watching "The monster from the lake" in the living room at Yaupi? Gosh, who was it that got scared, and didn't want to go to his/her room alone? Hey who else was there on that trip? I remember Yaupi was full.

Weren't the Allen's there too? And what's the name of the lady who did the palm reading in the card-room? (I remember us kids couldn't go into that room). And do you remember staying up until late one night (or were we woken up?) and hearing some "gentlemen" splashing into the pool (as prim and proper as the day they were born)? I think we weren't able to distinguish them quite well from the distance, ejem, ejem, right?

I can still see my dads face when Moira and I appeared by the car, before leaving on that trip, with a suitcase soooo big, you'd think we were going for ever. I think once in Yaupi, we changed every hour and a half just to prove that everything we had taken was absolutely necessary!!! Yup, greatest of times.

Pat

Patricia,

If I remember all our dads were in the " buff" swimming in the pool. Our Moms were so protective of keeping the kids in the rooms. I t was " The Monster from the Black Lagoon" or "The Mummy" everyone got scared. The Allens were there and so were the Lesothos. Pauline was a graceful diver and her brother which I can't remember his name right now was in my class!!!!!! Who did the palm reading????? I have no idea.?????

talk to me. Sis

Cynthia


No comments:

RECONNAISSANCE

Pinning down the relevant people-points,
One contact leading to three, to fifteen, seventy ...
Is less the leisurely gathering of a bouquet
Than the grasping at leaves in a gale -
At that whirlwind mosaic of scattered lives -
In an effort to connect them to an original tree
When only the ghost of it remains.
But, seeking anew the comfort of those shadow-branches,
We grace them with the qualities of our metamorphosis.
Achievement and deadwood have added their layers
To the bilingual and carefree children
Who played against the backdrop of the Andes
And knew it later for a privileged kingdom.

Lark Burns Beltran

(Sent by Wilfredo Beltran)

(In Chulec 1953-56)